知る, 悟る, 判る, 見て取る, 通じる, 聞き取る, 汲み取る, 弁える, 飲み込む, 受け取る, 含む, 理解する, 窺い知る, 合点が行く, 通じ合う
Verb(1) know and comprehend the nature or meaning of(2) perceive (an idea or situation(3) make sense of a language(4) believe to be the case(5) be understanding of
(1) I understand you're at art school(2) he didn't understand a word I said(3) Discovering how other languages work helps you understand your own better.(4) I knew you'd understand(5) They must take the initiative to understand indigenous languages and cultures.(6) I didn't understand a word of the German they were singing in, but that didn't seem to matter at all.(7) what do you understand by that term?(8) he couldn't understand why we burst out laughing(9) At the same time, the painting's title requires us to understand it as a view of New York.(10) She looked at me with no expression at all as if she didn't understand a word I'd said.(11) We understand that this constant credit information might become irritating for some users.(12) I understand that many of the resorts in the region have received cancellations.(13) Many believe his discovery will change the face of science and how scientists understand the very nature of reality.(14) I can't understand it!(15) she didn't really understand the situation(16) she wasn't married, I understand
(1) not understand :: 理解できません
(2) to understand :: 理解します
(3) understand me :: 理解して
(4) try to understand :: 理解しようとする
(5) hard to understand :: 分かりにくいです
(6) difficult to understand :: 理解しにくいです
1. comprehend ::
2. appreciate ::
3. believe ::
4. read ::
5. infer ::
6. realize ::
7. sympathize ::
8. get it ::
understand, understandable, understanding, understandings, understands
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How is it you UNDERSTAND how I feel?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 7
I just UNDERSTAND the way things are.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
I UNDERSTAND. The country would be at peace
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
Look, here's the thing you need
to UNDERSTAND about Sheldon,
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 5
But I'm given to UNDERSTAND that when
you have something awkward to discuss...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
English to Japanese Dictionary: understand
Meaning and definitions of understand, translation in Japanese
language for understand with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of understand in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'understand'
What understand means in Japanese, understand meaning
in Japanese, understand
definition, examples and pronunciation
of understand in Japanese language.