Adjective(1) important in effect or meaning(2) of considerable importance, size, or worth(3) too closely correlated to be attributed to chance and therefore indicating a systematic relation(4) rich in significance or implication
(1) a significant amount of money(2) The data indicate that ethnicity is a significant factor in the development and course of the disease.(3) she's one of our most significant poets(4) Most significant of all, we felt, was that so many divers were keen enough to queue up to have their fitness checked.(5) Max's published work, as significant and substantial as it is, is not what we will remember him by.(6) we've made significant progress today(7) Yes, but these disappearing acts are significant because they are symbolic of a wider truth.(8) she gave him a significant look(9) As for adultery, it is significant that Santorum suggests it should be treated as a crime.(10) There is no doubt that this was a serious injury with significant orthopaedic and cosmetic consequences.(11) significant changes(12) A rise in temperature of this kind would have a significant effect on the distribution of vegetation.(13) This could be the only significant side effect possibly related to the product use.(14) Yet the British music scene has always been an early indicator of significant social and political change.(15) This has the makings of a very significant case of very considerable legal importance.(16) The walls are covered with photographs marking significant moments in Wood Group's history.
(1) significant other :: 伴侶
(2) significant figures :: 有効数字
(3) significant influence :: 有意義な影響
(4) most significant :: 最も重要な
(5) least significant :: 最下位
(6) significant digits :: 有効数字
(7) significant figure :: 重要な数字
(8) more significant :: より重要な
(9) highly significant :: 非常に重要な
(10) most significant bit :: 最上位のビット
1. notable ::
2. meaningful ::
3. pregnant ::
4. substantial ::
5. important ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
This is a SIGNIFICANT decision.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 7
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
with his SIGNIFICANT other.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
Only my life.
Not all that SIGNIFICANT, I'm afraid.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
...I'm going to go do work
that promises SIGNIFICANT results...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
English to Japanese Dictionary: significant
Meaning and definitions of significant, translation in Japanese
language for significant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of significant in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'significant'
What significant means in Japanese, significant meaning
in Japanese, significant
definition, examples and pronunciation
of significant in Japanese language.