サーバント, 使用人, 下僕, 家来, 下働き, 奉公人, 下郎, 召し使い, 僕, 奴隷, 従者, 奉仕者, 僮, 使丁, 奴, 子分, 下女下男
Noun(1) a person working in the service of another (especially in the household(2) in a subordinate position
(1) Because if there is one thing a government servant cannot do, it is look after anything under his charge.(2) The author was one Simon Peter, who referred to himself as a servant and a disciple of Jesus Christ.(3) Financially they were well enough established to be able to employ a domestic servant .(4) He was convicted on three counts of offering advantages to a government servant .(5) The king's servant ran and brought them two goblets filled with wine.(6) a tireless servant of God(7) a government servant(8) My father was a government servant and we were posted in villages and small towns.(9) Anna, her personal servant , had forgotten to fill the pitcher.(10) he was a great servant of the Labour Party(11) He was a great servant of the Conservative Party, a devoted constituency member and a very good friend.(12) The pattern made plain in the Saviour, and then the apostles, is to be followed by all his servants .(13) Hello all righteous servants of the Transport Department on every level!(14) Many urban households with a regular income employ live-in domestic servants , generally young unmarried women from the rural areas.(15) He was afraid of hiring another nursemaid, and mistrusted the household servants .(16) Dehumanising them and creating the impression that they are a minority to be despised is a tactic of extremism and the servants of fascism.
(1) civil servant :: 公務員
(2) public servant :: 公務員
(3) domestic servant :: 家事使用人
(4) servant girl :: 下婢
(5) master and servant :: 主従
(6) indentured servant :: 年季奉公
(7) your humble servant :: 不肖
(8) female servant :: 腰元
(9) servant-maid :: サーバント・メイド
1. attendant ::
2. helper ::
3. retainer ::
4. handmaiden ::
1. master ::
2. mistress ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You're a SERVANT of justice?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
- He's not your SERVANT.
- It's fine.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
Always acting like
I'm his indentured SERVANT.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 12
And now I'm his wife's SERVANT.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 10
And you, an honest SERVANT of the Lord,
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 5
English to Japanese Dictionary: servant
Meaning and definitions of servant, translation in Japanese language for servant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of servant in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "servant"
What servant means in Japanese, servant meaning in Japanese, servant definition, examples and pronunciation of servant in Japanese language.