Adjective(1) (usually followed by `to'(2) lacking in power or forcefulness
(1) What I have yet to see is a poor dentist living in the rough part of town unable to feed his or her family!(2) He had claimed it was a new flavouring for saffron rice but had been unable to look me in the eye when he said it.(3) Bird was unable to engage his gears, but managed to get going and finished at the back.(4) They were unable to open the door for visitors by pressing the buzzers in their rooms.(5) It concerns a boy desperate to obtain his mother's love, a love she is unable to give.(6) She was slurring her words and unable to use to her tongue properly to help her make the sounds.(7) If York regulars follow their usual route to the course they will be unable to reach it.(8) Surgeons sewed most of the piece back on but were unable to replace a small section.(9) They could also house children who feel unable to live with a family which is not their own.(10) Windermere yet again were unable to put out their best side due to illness and injury.(11) I am unable to reprint my story here, but if you read some of the links you'll get the gist of it.(12) He would have liked more tomato and was unable to finish his meal saying it became too oily.(13) The job is ideal for those people who would like a bit of extra cash but are unable to fit in many hours of work.(14) I remember now at work being unable to do many of my duties when other people were around.(15) they're unable to read(16) he was unable to go upstairs
(1) unable to :: にできません
(2) unable to see :: 見えない
(3) unable to write :: 書き込むことができません
(4) unable to move :: 動くことが出来ない
(5) be unable to :: することができません
(6) unable to sleep :: 眠れません
(7) unable to speak :: 話すことができません
(8) unable to work :: 働くことができません
(9) be unable :: できません
(10) be unable to breathe :: 息をすることができません
1. powerless ::
2. impotent ::
3. at a loss ::
4. inadequate ::
5. incompetent ::
6. unfit ::
7. unqualified ::
8. incapable ::
1. able ::
2. capable ::
3. competent ::
4. expert ::
5. fit ::
6. qualified ::
7. skillful ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
leaving us UNABLE to carry out our duties
as sworn brothers of the Night's Watch.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 7
We're done here.
Roped into working-- Unable to quit.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
"An eccentric man, with tendency
to megalomania which makes him UNABLE"
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
...they will most likely be UNABLE
to determine the cause...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
I could've accepted our kids
being genetically UNABLE to eat ice cream...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 2
English to Japanese Dictionary: unable
Meaning and definitions of unable, translation in Japanese language for unable with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of unable in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "unable"
What unable means in Japanese, unable meaning in Japanese, unable definition, examples and pronunciation of unable in Japanese language.