驚き, 意表, 一驚驚かす, びっくりさせる
Noun(1) the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you(2) a sudden unexpected event(3) the act of surprising someone
Verb(1) cause to be surprised(2) come upon or take unawares(3) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) 'Here?' she asked in surprise.(2) It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise .(3) He doesn't even try to hide the surprise in his voice at this.(4) With mild surprise , he noticed that she was wearing the breeches and shirt of a man.(5) the party was something of a surprise(6) imagine her surprise when she saw the car!(7) he didn't show any surprise(8) For his part, Eisenhower feared a surprise attack and war by miscalculation.(9) Information that is not tracked could later surprise the Army on the battlefield.(10) A surprise was sprung on a retiring vicar at a school assembly last week.(11) To General Hue, it looked like the ideal time to launch his surprise attack.(12) the election results were a surprise(13) that was a surprise result(14) He's even throwing me a surprise birthday party (I found out).(15) With mild surprise , she noticed that the sound came from the foot of the cliffs on which she stood.(16) the announcement came as a complete surprise
(1) surprise party :: サプライズパーティー
(2) to my surprise :: 私の驚きへ
(3) by surprise :: 驚き
(4) to one's surprise :: 1の驚きへ
(5) pleasant surprise :: うれしい驚き
(6) surprise attack :: 奇襲
(7) take by surprise :: 驚きによって取ります
(8) great surprise :: 大きな驚き
(9) express surprise :: 特急驚き
1. astonishment ::
2. shock ::
3. surprisal ::
4. astonish ::
5. take by surprise ::
6. storm ::
surprise, surprised, surprises, surprising, surprisings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I wanted to catch them by SURPRISE.
Finish with this soon.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
You have to.
We all have to be there to yell "SURPRISE."
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 16
Well, big SURPRISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
And brother, here's the big SURPRISE.
The one you're already thinking about.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 5
Rajesh. What a nice SURPRISE,
calling me on my birthday.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 2
English to Japanese Dictionary: surprise
Meaning and definitions of surprise, translation in Japanese language for surprise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of surprise in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "surprise"
What surprise means in Japanese, surprise meaning in Japanese, surprise definition, examples and pronunciation of surprise in Japanese language.