決済, 和解, 解決, 清算, 決着, 始末, 定住, 入植, 租界, 植民地, 弁済, 纏まり, 皆済, 纏め, 創建, デシジョン, 前哨地
Noun(1) a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government(2) a community of people smaller than a town(3) a conclusive resolution of a matter and disposition of it(4) the act of colonizing; the establishment of colonies(5) something settled or resolved; the outcome of decision making(6) an area where a group of families live together(7) termination of a business operation by using its assets to discharge its liabilities
(1) Ought the court to enforce the settlement arrived at?(2) He ended up in Queensland where he established an Aboriginal settlement at Yarrabah on Mission Bay, east of Cairns.(3) The details of the settlement were unclear as Socialist Worker went to press.(4) most suppliers will offer early settlement discounts(5) Some see this fishing equipment as evidence for boat-building technology that may have allowed for initial human settlement of the Americas by sea rather than by the Bering land bridge.(6) The interbank market remained fairly liquid last week even though a total of K150 billion was traded for on the treasury bill and bond settlement market on Monday.(7) Microsoft and Caldera announced they have reached a mutually agreeable settlement of an antitrust lawsuit filed by Caldera in July 1996.(8) It is a matter for the parties and their legal advisers whether or not to start proceedings at all and, if so, whether to seek to reach a settlement before formal proceedings begin.(9) Finally, watch out for early settlement penalties, because around seven in ten personal loans are paid off early.(10) In July of 2004, counsel negotiated a settlement between the parties.(11) The press has labelled the failed settlement a power-sharing agreement.(12) The trip passes many different points of historical interest relating to both early European and Maori settlement .(13) Admittedly, these borrowers are then locked in to paying Northern Rock's standard variable rate for ten years, or face stiff penalties for early settlement !(14) Just when a peaceful settlement to the civil war appeared possible another nightmare scenario erupted.(15) Thorny bush, swamps and even tidal waves impeded early settlement , as did the belief that evil spirits inhabited the islands.(16) That decision was challenged by Eircom in the High Court and a settlement was subsequently reached.
(1) settlement agreement :: 和解契約
(2) settlement date :: 期日
(3) final settlement :: 最終的な和解
(4) settlement of disputes :: 紛争の解決
(5) amicable settlement :: 和解
(6) cash settlement :: 現金決済
(7) permanent settlement :: 定住
(8) settlement of exchange :: 為替の決済
(9) human settlement :: 人間の居住
(10) financial settlement :: 金融決済
1. agreement ::
2. resolution ::
3. community ::
4. colonization ::
5. payment ::
7. colony ::
8. closure ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
perhaps eight-figure cash SETTLEMENT
that l can win for you
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
I'm going to begin
the erection of my SETTLEMENT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 13
English to Japanese Dictionary: settlement
Meaning and definitions of settlement, translation in Japanese language for settlement with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of settlement in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "settlement"
What settlement means in Japanese, settlement meaning in Japanese, settlement definition, examples and pronunciation of settlement in Japanese language.