受け取る, 頂く, 戴く, 受ける, 蒙る, レシーブ, 受け入れる, 貰う, 譲り受ける, 食らう, 給う, 請ける, 接する, 接受する
Verb(1) get something; come into possession of(2) receive a specified treatment (abstract(3) register (perceptual input(4) go through (mental or physical states or experiences(5) express willingness to have in one's home or environs(6) accept as true or valid(7) bid welcome to; greet upon arrival(8) convert into sounds or pictures(9) experience as a reaction(10) have or give a reception(11) receive as a retribution or punishment(12) partake of the Holy Eucharist sacrament(13) regard favorably or with disapproval
(1) It means that museums can receive stolen goods, something which is illegal for everyone else.(2) Some handsets are available that can receive free analog terrestrial broadcasts but these pictures tend to break up when transmitted to a moving device.(3) Did you ever think the film would receive such a great reaction?(4) Eid is a favourite among Muslim children, as they receive lots of presents!(5) the remaining lines receive the general rolling stock(6) to receive stolen goods(7) The historic buildings which will receive grants in the present allocation are from right across the country.(8) the landward slopes receive the full force of the wind(9) The android looked clearly stunned, not expecting to receive such a reaction from a normally pleasant woman.(10) he failed to find a magistrate to receive his oath(11) He had ignited a controversy over the Eucharist, claiming the right for the laity to receive both the bread and the wine at Mass.(12) They are also to receive counselling for the emotional effects of their ordeal.(13) My mother did know who my father was, but she was too afraid to tell anyone for fear of the reactions she would receive .(14) German convicts work at real jobs while incarcerated - and even receive four weeks of paid vacation each year!(15) She described the large house, trimmed hedges, her uniform, and the mother who dressed elegantly to receive and visit friends for lunch.(16) Current and future Sky subscribers will continue to receive all BBC services.
(1) receive money :: お金を受け取る
(2) receive a letter :: 手紙を受け取ります
(3) receive data :: データを受信
(4) receive from :: から受信
(5) receive guests :: ゲストを受け取ります
(6) receive commands :: コマンドを受け取ります
(7) receive a gift :: 贈り物を受け取ります
(8) receive instructions :: 指示を受けます
(9) receive favors :: 好意を受け取ります
1. be given ::
2. be sent ::
3. be told ::
4. hear ::
5. experience ::
6. greet ::
7. entertain ::
9. meet ::
10. obtain ::
11. welcome ::
12. invite ::
13. get ::
14. have ::
1. ban ::
2. bar ::
receive, received, receives, receiving
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
When we RECEIVE payment,
you shall have your brother.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
I never did RECEIVE
a formal education.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Thank you, God, for the food
that we are about to RECEIVE
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
you’ll RECEIVE, at home,
20,000 banknotes of 50 euros,
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 13
They said they would be honored
to RECEIVE the Mother of Dragons.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 4
English to Japanese Dictionary: receive
Meaning and definitions of receive, translation in Japanese language for receive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of receive in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "receive"
What receive means in Japanese, receive meaning in Japanese, receive definition, examples and pronunciation of receive in Japanese language.