フォーク, 叉, 熊手, 分かれ目, 分点, 別れ分かれる, 別れる
Noun(1) cutlery used for serving and eating food(2) the act of branching out or dividing into branches(3) the region of the angle formed by the junction of two branches(4) an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs(5) the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
Verb(1) lift with a pitchfork(2) place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces(3) divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork(4) shape like a fork
(1) Ignore left fork and enter grounds of school.(2) Can you tell me what the benefit is of having a carbon fork ?(3) A left fork from the road led me along a track up to it.(4) At Kattikulam, the right fork of the road leads to Nagarhole and the left to Tirunelli through elephant sanctuaries and bamboo forests.(5) A brilliant fork of lightning erupted from the dark grey clouds, a clap of thunder following closely behind.(6) The fork comes with disc brake mounts if a person would ever be interested in upgrading.(7) Each wheel was carried in a fork formed by a pair of hydraulic shock absorber struts.(8) He could heave it with a garden fork into the sacks.(9) Shaken but not stirred [or deterred] by this, we pressed on until we came to a fork in the road.(10) Conversely, the trail intersections homeward-bound ants encounter have branches that fork at a sharp angle and a gentle one.(11) When faced with a fork in the road, you can always sit and wait for someone else to make the decision.(12) Some students believe that they face a sharp fork in the road.(13) Using a fork will pierce food and natural juices will be lost.(14) He got as far as their Second XI before reaching a fork in the road.(15) But the opposite holds true if the house is at the end of a T-junction or in the fork of a road where it faces oncoming traffic.(16) He noticed her picking at the food nervously with her fork .
(1) tuning fork :: 音叉
(2) fork out :: アウトフォーク
(3) knife and fork :: ナイフとフォーク
(4) salad fork :: サラダ用フォーク
(5) dinner fork :: ディナーフォーク
(6) wooden fork :: 木製のフォーク
(7) fork over :: オーバーフォーク
(8) fork in the road :: 道路の分岐点
(9) spoon and fork :: スプーンとフォーク
1. ramification ::
2. crotch ::
3. split ::
4. ramify ::
5. pitchfork ::
fork, forked, forkful, forkfuls, forking, forks
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
If we hit the Red Fork,
we can follow it west to Riverrun.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 10
- Excuse me?
- Sheldon lives in fear of the three-tined FORK.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
She uses a FORK
and she double-dips her egg rolls.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 7
They don't put the FORK in their mouth,
they use it to put the food on a spoon...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 2
English to Japanese Dictionary: fork
Meaning and definitions of fork, translation in Japanese language for fork with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fork in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fork"
What fork means in Japanese, fork meaning in Japanese, fork definition, examples and pronunciation of fork in Japanese language.