Adjective(1) involving competition or competitiveness(2) subscribing to capitalistic competition(3) showing a fighting disposition
(1) A large quantity of fuel is wasted as a result of competitive driving leading to accidents.(2) This was an excellent game of football, displayed by two very competitive sides.(3) Professional challenges continue to thrive and you need to be competitive and confident.(4) Selected teams from all six local authority areas in Cumbria come together on one day for a competitive festival of sport.(5) The sport is full of gifted, incredibly competitive and strongly motivated people.(6) Bayern Munich may have been knocked out of Europe, but their competitive spirit is as strong as ever.(7) In the current market, however, a competitive price will be of paramount importance.(8) The competitive spirit flows strongly, too, in the rapidly reviving brass band.(9) Longer stays and midweek visits are also usually available at competitive prices.(10) Three competitive proposals are usually enough to establish a competitive price for money.(11) Easy availability and the competitive price of pan masala in the market are other factors for its popularity.(12) Her brief is to produce a commercial range of designs at competitive prices that can be delivered in as little as 15 days.(13) Achieving competitive success means working with people, not replacing them.(14) Many US firms could now find it is easier to export because their goods and services are considerably more competitive .(15) Her competitive streak was raging, and she fully intended to win this game.(16) MSN will be offered at a competitive price when the society is ready.
(1) competitive advantage :: 競争上の優位性
(2) competitive edge :: 競争力
(3) competitive price :: 競争価格
(4) competitive market :: 競争市場
(5) competitive bidding :: 競争入札
(6) competitive strategy :: 競争戦略
(7) competitive strength :: 競争力
(8) competitive sports :: 競技スポーツ
(9) competitive spirit :: 負けん気
(10) competitive product :: 競争力のある製品
1. ambitious ::
2. ruthless ::
3. reasonable ::
4. militant ::
competitive, competitively, competitiveness, noncompetitive
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A COMPETITIVE advantage.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
Geez, I never realized
you were so COMPETITIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
I was really COMPETITIVE
with my roommate.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 16
It's an extremely COMPETITIVE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
English to Japanese Dictionary: competitive
Meaning and definitions of competitive, translation in Japanese language for competitive with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of competitive in Japanese and in English language.
Tags for the entry "competitive"
What competitive means in Japanese, competitive meaning in Japanese, competitive definition, examples and pronunciation of competitive in Japanese language.